DÉCOUVREZ LES 14 MUSÉES DE LA VILLE DE PARIS
Founded by four sisters in 1895 at 24 Rue Taitbout in Paris, Callot Soeurs - famed for its lace and trims - moved to 9–11 Avenue Matignon in 1914. Between 1901 and 1906 Madeleine Vionnet was in charge of the workshop there. In 1920 Marie Gerber, née Callot, became director, and was succeeded by her sons when she died in 1927. In 1934 the concern moved again, to 37 Avenue Montaigne. This thoroughly classical garment is a fine illustration of the 1930s fondness for cutting on the bias and for black/white contrast.
Notice's author : Sophie Grossiord