- Prêt-à-porter, printemps-été 2019, collection "Babel"
- Black waterproof Nylon canvas. Mastic cotton cords. Aluminium rods. Twill 86% silk 14% black Nylon. Silver plated metal. Antique grey leather. Clay green cotton. Black leather with orange edges. Translucent pvc.
- Acquisition, Vogue Paris Foundation 2019
- Label on the external structure of the poncho in twill printed inside middle back right side, black on grey: "Rick Owens". Inscription concerning the fashion show on the external structure of the poncho in twill printed inside middle back left side, black on grey: "BABEL S/S 19".
- Palais Galliera, musée de la Mode de la Ville de Paris
For spring-summer 2019, Rick Owens is inspired by the model of Tatline's monument to the Third International (1919-1920), a reproduction of which is kept at the Musée national d'art moderne, centre Georges Pompidou, the centrepiece of the exhibition "U.A.M. une aventure moderne 1929-1958" in 2018.
Rick Owens always has one theme per season which he applies to his men's and women's fashion show. This season is entitled "Babel". The hollow, imposing structure of the male silhouette is a clear homage to Tatline, composed of a double poncho supported by 41 aluminium rods.
Notice's author : Alexandre Samson